- Usually trammels. a hindrance or impediment to free action, restraint.
- A hindrance to free action or movement
- Sharp or biting to the taste or smell; bitterly pungent; irritating to the eyes, nose, etc.
- Extremely or sharply stinging or bitter; exceedingly caustic:
- resisting authority or control; not obedient or compliant; refractory.
- hard to deal with, manage, or operate.
- Intense hatred or dislike, especially toward a person or thing regarded as contemptible, despicable, or repugnant.
- The reproach, discredit, or opprobrium attaching to something hated or repugnant.
- the state or quality of being hated.
- an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery.
- to address with banter; chaff.