- Exceptional valor, bravery, or ability, especially in combat or battle.
- Exceptional or superior ability, skill, or strength:
- A valiant or daring deed.
- fierce, ferocious, or cruel; untamed.
- uncivilized; barbarous.
- to visit habitually or appear to frequently as a spirit or ghost.
- to recur persistently to the consciousness of; remain with.
- to frustrate or confound; thwart by creating confusion or bewilderment.
- to check or deflect the movement of (sound, light, fluids, etc.).
- to confuse, bewilder, or perplex
- The quality of being clement; disposition to show forbearance, compassion, or forgiveness in Judging or punishing; leniency; mercy.
- An act or deed showing mercy or leniency.
- Mildness or temperateness.