- a bitter, sharply abusive denunciation, attack, or criticism:
- to put off or aside from consideration
- to remove from active use or service; dismiss.
- to furnish with shelves.
- to accustom (a child or young animal) to food other than its mother's milk; cause to lose the need to suckle or turn to the mother for food.
- to withdraw (a person, the affections, one's dependency, etc.) from some object, habit, form of enjoyment, or the like:
Verb (with object)
- to cut with a violent sweeping stroke or by striking violently and at random, as with a knife or sword.
- to lash; whip.
- lacking stiffness or firmness, as of substance, fiber, structure, or bodily frame:
- lacking vitality; weary; tired; fatigued:
- without firmness, force, energy, etc., as of character