- to lead or move by persuasion or influence, as to some action or state of mind:
- to bring about, produce, or cause:
- Readiness or liberality in giving.
- Freedom from meanness or smallness of mind or character.
- A generous act:
- Largeness or fullness; amplitude.
- A rough physical contest or struggle; scuffle.
- Any vigorous or determined struggle, conflict, etc.
- an act or instance of slumping.
- a decrease, decline, or deterioration.
- a period of decline or deterioration.
- the art or the process of weaving.
- the part of an oar between the blade and the handle.