- Semitic characteristics, especially the ways, ideas, influence,
- Full of, accompanied by, or involving something specified, usually something unpleasant
- Characterized by or causing tension or stress:
- To disturb or agitate suddenly as by surprise or alarm.
- To cause to start involuntarily, by or as by a sudden shock.
- Utterly and shamelessly immoral or dissipated; thoroughly dissolute.
- recklessly prodigal or extravagant.
- Threatening or disquieting significance:
- A prodigy or marvel.