- resisting authority or control; not obedient or compliant; refractory.
- hard to deal with, manage, or operate.
- Intense hatred or dislike, especially toward a person or thing regarded as contemptible, despicable, or repugnant.
- The reproach, discredit, or opprobrium attaching to something hated or repugnant.
- the state or quality of being hated.
- open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful
- of little or no practical value, meaning, or relevance; purely academic:
- to raise trivial and frivolous objection
- a trivial and annoying objection.
- the raising of such objections
- an artifice or expedient used to evade a rule, escape a consequence, hide something, etc.
- A condition, state, or situation, especially an unfavorable or unfortunate one.