- The act of coercing; use of force or intimidation to obtain compliance.
- Force or the power to use force in gaining compliance, as by a government or police force.
- Sweetly or innocently charming; winning; engaging:
- Intense hatred or dislike, especially toward a person or thing regarded as contemptible, despicable, or repugnant.
- The reproach, discredit, or opprobrium attaching to something hated or repugnant.
- the state or quality of being hated.
- Seriousness or sobriety, as of conduct or speech.
- High seriousness (as in a person's bearing or in the treatment of a subject)
- manner of living; way of life; lifestyle.
- A feasible arrangement or practical compromiseespecially : one that bypasses difficulties