- A group of people who associate closely.
- An exclusive group; clique.
- A group of prairie dogs occupying a communal burrow.
- Easily understood; completely intelligible or comprehensible
- Characterized by clear perception or understanding; rational or sane
- Shining or bright.
- Clear; pellucid; transparent.
- To deprive of the use of some part of the body by wounding or the like, cripple.
- To impair, make essentially defective.
- A tract of open, peaty, wasteland, often overgrown with heath, common in high latitudes and altitudes where drainage is poor; heath.
- A tract of land preserved for game.
- Unmoved by persuasion, pity, or tender feelings; stubborn, unyielding.
- Stubbornly resistant to moral influence, persistently impenitent.
- an inadequate supply; scarcity, lack.
- scarcity and dearness of food, famine.