- to entice, lure, or ensnare by flattery or artful talk or inducements
- to acquire, win, or obtain by beguiling talk or methods
- the act or manner of intonating.
- the manner of producing musical tones, specifically the relation in pitch of tones to their key or harmony.
- something that is intoned or chanted.
- the opening phrase in a Gregorian chant, usually sung by one or two voices
- to climb or move quickly using one's hands and feet, as down a rough incline.
- to compete or struggle with others for possession or gain.
- to become smaller and smaller; shrink; waste away.
- to fall away, as in quality; degenerate.
- to make smaller and smaller; cause to shrink:
- to keep away from (a place, person, object, etc.), from motives of dislike, caution, etc.; take pains to avoid.