- to perform the office or duties of a pontiff.
- to speak in a pompous or dogmatic manner:
- mournful, dismal, or gloomy, especially in an affected, exaggerated, or unrelieved manner:
- Tending to argument or strife; quarrelsome:
- Causing, involving, or characterized by argument or controversy.
- well-suited for the occasion, as an action, manner, or expression; apt; appropriate:
- having a special ability for suitable manner or expression, as a person
- the act or state of cohering; cohesion.
- logical interconnection; overall sense or understandability.
- congruity; consistency.
- to climb or move quickly using one's hands and feet, as down a rough incline.
- to compete or struggle with others for possession or gain.