- of or relating to preemption.
- taken as a measure against something possible, anticipated, or feared; preventive; deterrent:
- to oppose successfully; prevent from accomplishing a purpose.
- to frustrate or baffle (a plan, purpose, etc.).
- marked by or attended with ignominy; discreditable; humiliating
- bearing or deserving ignominy; contemptible.
- to trace the outline of; sketch or trace in outline; represent pictorially:
- to portray in words; describe or outline with precision:
- a medicine sold with false or exaggerated claims and with no demonstrable value; quack medicine.
- a scheme, theory, device, etc., especially one to remedy social or political ills; panacea: