- A method of divination through alleged communication with the dead; black art.
- Magic in general, especially that practiced by a witch or sorcerer; sorcery; witchcraft; conjuration.
- belonging or pertaining to the common people.
- of, relating to, or belonging to the ancient Roman plebs.
- common, commonplace, or vulgar:
- Being in an inferior position
- behind in progress, backward.
- a sudden and widespread disaster:
- any misfortune, mishap, or failure; fiasco:
- a final event or conclusion, usually an unfortunate one; a disastrous end:
- to make or cause to become worse; diminish in ability, value, excellence, etc.
- weaken or damage:
- to grow or become worse; lessen.