- To listen to, hear.
- To listen attentively, hearken.
- Generous bestowal of gifts.
- The gift or gifts, as of money, so bestowed.
- Obsolete. generosity; liberality.
- To give new or renewed strength or energy to.
- A slatted wooden box or framework for packing, shopping, or storing fruit, furniture, glassware, crockery, etc.
- Any completely enclosed boxlike packing or shipping case.
- Making opposition; averse.
- opposed or contrary, as in nature or character.
- distasteful, objectionable, or offensive:
- to make full or complete again, as by supplying what is lacking, used up, etc.
- to supply (a fire, stove, etc.) with fresh fuel.
- to fill again or anew.