- beginning to exist or develop:
- To reject with disdain; scorn.
- To treat with contempt; despise.
- To kick or trample with the foot.
- being in excess; exceeding what is usual or natural.
- having some unusual or extra part or feature.
- characterized by superabundance or superfluity.
- a personally offensive act or word; deliberate act or display of disrespect; intentional slight; insult.
- an offense to one's dignity or self-respect.
- an artifice or expedient used to evade a rule, escape a consequence, hide something, etc.
- To walk, stand, or sit with the legs wide apart; stand or sit astride.
- To stand wide apart, as the legs.