- Generous bestowal of gifts
- The gift or gifts, as of money, so bestowed.
- Generosity; liberality.
- To compensate for damage or loss sustained, expense incurred, etc.
- To guard or secure against anticipated loss; give security against (future damage or liability).
- A sudden, alarming amazement or dread that results in utter confusion; dismay.
- Seriousness or sobriety, as of conduct or speech.
- High seriousness (as in a person's bearing or in the treatment of a subject)
- To bring reproach or discredit upon; lower the estimation of.
- To depreciate by indirect means ,speak slightingly about