- Strangely diabolical or cruel; monstrous.
- A legendary evil being that robs graves and feeds on corpses
- A multitude of people crowded or assembled together; crowd.
- A great number of things crowded or considered together.
- Loss, damage, disadvantage, or injury.
- A cause of loss or damage.
- Sharp or biting to the taste or smell; bitterly pungent; irritating to the eyes, nose, etc.
- Extremely or sharply stinging or bitter; exceedingly caustic.
- An intricate combination of paths or passages in which it is difficult to find one's way or to reach the exit.
- A complicated or tortuous arrangement, as of streets or buildings.