- of a sinister or ghastly character; repellent:
- stern and admitting of no appeasement or compromise:
- having a harsh, surly, forbidding, or morbid air:
- Thoughtful provision beforehand; provident care; prudence.
- Thinking of something beforehand; previous consideration; anticipation.
- exhausted of vigor or energy; worn out:
- unable to produce; sterile.
- tremulous fear, alarm, or agitation; perturbation.
- trembling or quivering movement; tremor.
- To confuse, bewilder, or stupefy.
- To make obscure or unclear:
- To darken.