- A member of a religious, spiritual, or cultural community based on the worship of nature or the earth; a neopagan.
- A follower of a polytheistic religion
- to ward off (a thrust, stroke, weapon, etc.), as in fencing; avert.
- to turn aside; evade or dodge:·
- To walk, stand, or sit with the legs wide apart; stand or sit astride.
- To stand wide apart, as the legs.
- A change or variation occurring in the course of something.
- Interchange or alternation, as of states or things.
- Vicissitudes, successive, alternating, or changing phases or conditions, as of life or fortune; ups and downs.
- A user of the Internet, often one who is actively engaged in uncensored online discussions of political and social issues.