- to decrease in strength, intensity, etc.
- to decline in power, importance, prosperity, etc.
- to draw to a close; approach an end.
- to show clearly; make evident or manifest; prove.
- to reveal the possession of (a quality, trait, etc.).
- Of a dark, dull, or dirty color or aspect; lacking brightness or freshness.
- Shabby; dismal.
- Of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate:
- Not satisfactory; poor; inferior
- To increase the severity, bitterness, or violence of (disease, ill feeling, etc.); aggravate.
- To embitter the feelings of (a person); irritate; exasperate.