- A blow, especially with the hand, cuff
- Influence or power, Especially in politics or business.
- A period of time spent doing something
- (Verb) To be frugal, get along on a scanty allowance
- To prop up or support from below; strengthen, as by reinforcing a foundation.
- To form part of, strengthen, or replace the foundation of.
- Characterized by lack of seriousness or sense
- Of little or no weight, worth, or importance, not worthy of serious notice
- To disturb or disquiet greatly in mind, Agitate.
- To cause to be worried or upset
- An act of evading by sudden bodily movement
- An artful device to evade, deceive, or trick