- To increase the severity, bitterness, or violence of (disease, ill feeling, etc.); aggravate.
- To embitter the feelings of (a person); irritate; exasperate.
- An aromatic gum or other substance producing a sweet odor when burned, used in religious ceremonies, to enhance a mood, etc.
- The perfume or smoke arising from such a substance when burned.
- Any pleasant perfume or fragrance.
- Of a dark, dull, or dirty color or aspect; lacking brightness or freshness.
- Shabby; dismal.
- Of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate:
- Not satisfactory; poor; inferior
- A sepulchral monument erected in memory of a deceased person whose body is buried elsewhere.
- An interjectory word or expression, frequently profane; an exclamatory oath.
- A syllable, word, or phrase serving to fill out.