- Strangely diabolical or cruel; monstrous.
- A legendary evil being that robs graves and feeds on corpses
- Commonplace or dull; matter-of-fact or unimaginative.
- characteristic of prose as distinguished from poetry, FACTUAL
- displaying a play of lustrous colors like those of the rainbow
- Of a dark, dull, or dirty color or aspect; lacking brightness or freshness.
- Shabby; dismal.
- Of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate:
- Not satisfactory; poor; inferior