- the act of expiating.
- the means by which atonement or reparation is made.
- lacking sense, significance, or ideas; silly.
- empty; void.
- something that is empty or void, especially the void of infinite space.
- to flood; cover or overspread with water; deluge.
- to overwhelm:
- artfully or affectedly shy or reserved; slyly hesitant; coquettish.
- shy; modest.
- showing reluctance, especially when insincere or affected, to reveal one's plans or opinions, make a commitment, or take a stand:
- to quiet; soothe.
- to pat; caress.
- a facial expression, often ugly or contorted, that indicates disapproval, pain, etc.
- to make grimaces