- imperturbable self-possession, poise, or assurance.
- the perpendicular, or vertical, position.
- to put off or aside from consideration
- to remove from active use or service; dismiss.
- to furnish with shelves.
- a reduction or decrease in numbers, size, or strength:
- the act of rubbing against something; friction.
- a wearing down or away by friction; abrasion.
- total rejection of established laws and institutions.
- anarchy, terrorism, or other revolutionary activity.
- to laugh at in scorn or contempt; scoff or jeer at; mock.
- to send or convey lightly, as if in flight.
- Marked by or attended with ignominy; discreditable; humiliating
- Deserving of shame or infamy