- to decrease in strength, intensity, etc.
- to decline in power, importance, prosperity, etc.
- to draw to a close; approach an end:
- to dig or get out of the earth; dig up.
- to uncover or bring to light by search, inquiry, etc.
an opening, as in a wall, serving as an outlet for air, smoke, fumes, or the like.
- to give free play or expression to (an emotion, passion, etc.):to vent rage.
- to give public utterance to:
- to be enough or adequate, as for needs, purposes, etc
- An insurrection or revolt.
- An act of rising up.
- An ascent or acclivity.