- leadership or predominant influence exercised by one nation over others, as in a confederation.
- leadership; predominance.
- to expand by stretching, as something hollow or elastic:
- to spread in all directions; expand; swell:
- a sudden and violent change of feeling or response in sentiment, taste, etc.
- the act of drawing something back or away.
- the fact of being so drawn.
- Faultless; flawless; irreproachable.
- Not liable to sin; incapable of sin.
- something or someone that is not in its correct historical or chronological time, especially a thing or person that belongs to an earlier time: