- to anticipate and prevent or eliminate (difficulties, disadvantages, etc.) by effective measures; render unnecessary.
- to weaken or reduce in force, intensity, effect, quantity, or value:
- to make thin; make slender or fine.
- anxious or concerned
- anxiously desirous:
- careful or particular:
- vulnerably delicate, as in appearance:
- lacking in substance or force; flimsy:
- the overhead interior surface of a room.
- the top limit imposed by law on the amount of money that can be charged or spent or the quantity of goods that can be produced or sold.
- A group of attendants or associates, as of a person of rank or importance.
- surroundings; environment