- A forecasting of the probable course and outcome of a disease, especially of the chances of recovery.
- A forecast or prognostication.
- Generous bestowal of gifts.
- The gift or gifts, as of money, so bestowed.
- Obsolete. generosity; liberality.
- The act or an instance of going, especially from an enclosed place.
- A means or place of going out; an exit.
- The right or permission to go out.
- Seriousness or sobriety, as of conduct or speech.
- High seriousness (as in a person's bearing or in the treatment of a subject)
- manner of living; way of life; lifestyle.
- A feasible arrangement or practical compromiseespecially : one that bypasses difficulties