- the quantity or amount that the hand can hold
- a small amount, number, or quantity:
- a driving movement or force; impulse; impetus; pressure.
- to be carried along by currents of water or air, or by the force of circumstances.
- to wander aimlessly:
- a military enemy; hostile army.
- a person belonging to a hostile army or nation.
- an opponent in a game or contest; adversary:
- to sharpen (a knife, tool, etc.) by grinding or friction.
- to make keen or eager; stimulate:
- the act of whetting.
- something that whets; appetizer or drink.
- to murmur or mutter in discontent; complain sullenly.
- to utter low, indistinct sounds; growl.
- to rumble: