- A multitude of people crowded or assembled together; crowd.
- A great number of things crowded or considered together:
- in an inappropriate, unjustifiable, or improper manner:
- To strike or press with crushing force; crush down; squash.
- To put down, suppress, or silence, as with a crushing retort or argument.
- the associated or secondary meaning of a word or expression in addition to its explicit or primary meaning
- soaked; thoroughly wet; sodden.
- damp and heavy, as poorly baked bread.
- spiritless, heavy, dull, or stupid: