- Penetrating; cutting; biting; trenchant
- Remarkably clear and direct; sharp; keen; acute
- To make damp; moisten.
- To dull or deaden; depress.
- The range of operation, authority, control, concern, etc.
- The range of vision, insight, or understanding.
- Dealing with very profound, difficult, or abstruse subject matter:
- Beyond ordinary knowledge or understanding; esoteric:
- Little known; obscure:
- Thin or slender in form, as a thread.
- Lacking a sound basis, as reasoning; unsubstantiated; weak:
- Lacking in clarity; vague: