- of or relating to preemption.
- taken as a measure against something possible, anticipated, or feared; preventive; deterrent:
that with which to do something; means or supplies for the purpose or need, especially money
- of settled or sedate character; not flighty or capricious.
- fixed, settled, or permanent.
- to beautify by or as if by ornamentation; ornament; adorn.
- to enhance ,with fictitious additions.
- of a sinister or ghastly character; repellent:
- stern and admitting of no appeasement or compromise:
- having a harsh, surly, forbidding, or morbid air