- imperturbable self-possession, poise, or assurance.
- the perpendicular, or vertical, position.
- a representation of this horn, used as a symbol of abundance.
- an abundant, overflowing supply.
- a horn-shaped or conical receptacle or ornament.
- distended with air or gas; swollen.
- puffed up, as with pride.
- turgid or bombastic:
- the art or the process of weaving.
- the part of an oar between the blade and the handle.
- to start (a fire); cause (a flame, blaze, etc.) to begin burning.
- to set fire to or ignite (fuel or any combustible matter).
- to excite; stir up or set going; animate; rouse; inflame: