- That recurs; occurring or appearing again, especially repeatedly or periodically.
- An inadequate supply, scarcity, lack.
- Scarcity and dearness of food; famine.
- To abstain or refrain from; do without.
- To give up, renounce, or resign.
- A yawning fissure or deep cleft in the earth's surface; gorge.
- A breach or wide fissure in a wall or other structure.
- A marked interruption of continuity; gap:
- To produce a faint image or resemblance of; to outline or sketch.
- To foreshadow; prefigure.
- To darken or conceal partially; overshadow.