- A method of divination through alleged communication with the dead; black art.
- Magic in general, especially that practiced by a witch or sorcerer; sorcery; witchcraft; conjuration.
- belonging or pertaining to the common people.
- of, relating to, or belonging to the ancient Roman plebs.
- common, commonplace, or vulgar:
- a slight or petty quarrel.
- a slight fit of annoyance, bad mood, or the like.
- to have a petty quarrel.
- to be in a tiff.
- to quell, crush, or end by force:
- to suppress, curb, or withhold:
- economical in use or expenditure;
- entailing little expense;
- not wasteful:
- large or bulky of body; portly; stout; fat.