- partly melted snow.
- liquid mud; watery mire.
- waste, as fat, grease, or other refuse, from the galley of a ship.
- A slatted wooden box or framework for packing, shopping, or storing fruit, furniture, glassware, crockery, etc.
- Any completely enclosed boxlike packing or shipping case.
- Making opposition; averse.
- opposed or contrary, as in nature or character.
- distasteful, objectionable, or offensive:
- to make full or complete again, as by supplying what is lacking, used up, etc.
- to supply (a fire, stove, etc.) with fresh fuel.
- to fill again or anew.
- forming or expressing division or distribution.
- creating dissension or discord.