NITI Aayog has inked Statement of Intent (SoI) with software major Adobe to develop creative skills and spread digital literacy among school children in India as part of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM). Under this partnership, Adobe will adopt 100 schools under AIM’s Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL) initiative. It will also be implementing its Digital Disha Program in ATLs, under which it will offer free licenses of Adobe Spark premium to ATLs.
Digital Disha Programme
It was launched by Adobe in 2018. It is aimed at driving synergies in creative thinking and technology-based learning among school children. It also seeks to empower them with new-age skills to thrive in current digital era and prepare them for long term success. It is expected to touch the lives of one million students by 2020.
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
- It is NITI Aayog’s flagship initiative to promote culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in country. It seeks to promote scientific temper and spirit of entrepreneurship in New India of tomorrow.
- It is mandated to create umbrella structure to oversee innovation ecosystem of country and revolutionizing innovation eco-system that touches upon entire innovation life cycle through various programs.
- Objectives: (i) Develop new programmes and policies for fostering innovation in different sectors of economy. (ii) Provide platform and collaboration opportunities for different stakeholders, create awareness. (iii) Create umbrella structure to oversee innovation ecosystem of the country.
- Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs): It is sub-scheme of AIM aimed at identifying and nurturing innovation in young students across the country and Atal Incubation Centers (AICs).
- These labs are being established in more than 5,000 schools in India where students (class 6th to 12th) acquire problem solving and innovation skills, developing innovative solutions leveraging tinkering technologies like robotics, miniaturised electronics, 3D printers, IoT and programming etc.