The sixth edition of India, France air exercise named ‘Garuda-VI’ will be held from 1 to 12 July 2019 at French Air Force Base, Mont-de-Marsan. It will be one of the biggest air exercises that is being planned between the two Air Forces. It is aimed at enhancing understanding of interoperability during mutual operations between two Air Forces and provide opportunity to learn from each other’s best practices. The last edition of this exercise, ‘Garuda V’ was held at Air Force Station Jodhpur, Rajasthan in Jun 2014.
- Indian Air Force (IAF) will be represented by contingent comprising of 120 air-warriors and four Su-30 MKI along with IL-78 Flight Refueling aircraft.
- Besides, IAF’s C-17 strategic lift aircraft will also provide logistic support to contingent during the induction and de-induction phase.
- During this exercise, IAF’s Su-30 MKI will operate in simulated operational war fighting scenario along with French Air Forces multirole Rafale aircraft.
- This will enhance understanding of interoperability during mutual operations between two Air Forces and provide an opportunity to learn from each others best practices.
- It will also promote professional interaction, exchange experiences and operational knowledge besides strengthening bilateral relations with French Air Force.
- It will also provide good opportunity to IAF’s air warriors to operate in an international environment.