Union Ministry of Railways has launched Rail Drishti dashboard (raildrishti.cris.org.in) aimed at promoting transparency and accountability in Indian Railways. It encompasses all digitisation efforts in Indian Railways and brings information from various sources on single platform. It also gives access to key statistics and parameters to every citizen of the country.
15 user friendly sections on Dashboard
- At a Glance: It gives information on 4 main parameters of Indian Railways viz. Passenger Reservation, Unreserved Ticketing, Freight Earnings and Freight Loading. It also gives information on any station on Indian Railways.
- Services: It allows passengers to view and avail the status of any digital service offered. It consists of 6 services, namely, PNR enquiry, Complaint Enquiry, ODC application enquiry, Shramik Enquiry, Tender Enquiry and Freight related enquiries. It has links of eight important railway websites.
- Trains on run: It allows passengers to track any train on Indian Railways Network. It will also provide information about train as well as contact number of housekeeping staff.
- IRCTC Kitchens: It provides facility to view live feeds from cameras installed in various IRCTC base kitchens. It will allow passengers to know about how the food being served to them is cooked and packed.
- Grievances: It shows status of grievances reported via Complaint Management System (COMS). It displays number of grievances resolved and pending. It has zone wise breakup feature.
- Achievements: It showcases overall achievements of Indian Railways as a whole and in various states.
- Station Images: it helps to monitors progress of major initiatives launched to improve passenger experience on Indian Railways network. It displays images of various areas across network before and after work has been completed.
- Heritage: It showcases cultural aspect of travel on Indian Railways. It has 4 main sections viz. rail heritage, memorable journeys, 360 degree virtual tours of routes, trains and IRCTC tourism desk.
- Shramik Kalyan: It provides information about unorganized sector working with Railway contractors. It also shows amount of wages distributed to casual workers. It seeks to ensure that the laborers in the unorganized sector are paid their dues.
- Bills: It shows bills to be paid by Indian Railways to suppliers and their duration wise pendency.
- Freight Earnings: It shows earnings of freight across Indian Railways Network. It can be viewed for day, week, month and year along with the zones and commodity wise breakup.
- Freight Loading/Unloading: It shows number of rakes and quantity of freight loaded and unloaded in day, week, month and year along with their zones and commodity wise breakup is provided.
- Passenger Earnings: It shows earnings of Passenger Reservations and Unreserved Ticketing. It also shows number of passengers, tickets, and earnings. It also shows Unreserved Ticketing performance of suburban, non-suburban, and mobile bookings can be viewed.
- Expenditure: It shows details of expenditure and works byIndian Railways. It also shows figures of four different periods are displayed - performance during day, weekly, month and year.
- SUGAM – The Freight App: It provides access to Indian Railways freight business information. It helps customers keep track of their consignment. It provides information on various terminals and associated nodal officers, prevailing freight rates, indents status, rake allocation plans, restrictions applicable etc. Freight performance and other statististics are also available on the tab.