Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology (CIPET) Centre for Skilling and Technical Support (CSTS) was recently inaugurated at Bodhjungnagar in Agartala, capital city of Tripura. It was inaugurated by Union Minister of Statistics and Programme Implementation DV Sadananda Gowda. This CIPET Centre will produce 1500 skilled workers per annum.
Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology (CIPET)
- It is premier national institution established in 1968 by Central Government with assistance of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). It is headquartered at Chennai.
- It functions under Union Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers. It is devoted in Skill Development, Technology Support Services, Academic and Research (STAR).
- Its main objective is to develop manpower in different disciplines of Plastics Engineering and Technology to cater needs of Polymer and allied industries.
- It renders technology support service in areas of design, tooling, plastics processing and testing and quality assurance in India and abroad.
- It also works in close liaison with industries to implement its initiatives in areas of Polymer and allied industries in accordance with the environmental policies of the country.
- It has centres at Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Amritsar, Baddi, Agartala, Balasore, Bhopal, Bengaluru, Chandrapur, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Dehradun, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hyderabad, Hajipur, Haldia, Imphal, Kochi, Jaipur, Lucknow, Madurai, Murthal, Mysore, Raipur, Ranchi, Valsad and Vijayawada.