Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under Union Ministry of Science and Technology and Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) have signed MOU for supporting joint collaborative research programmes in the area of Cancer. It will enable both government department to work for common goal of tackling cancer and bring a quantum change in the present scenario of cancer research. DAE is represented by its Tata Memorial Centre, which also functions as coordinating centre on behalf of The National Cancer Grid of India.
Features of MoU
- It will help to strengthen various initiatives specifically for cancer viz. strategizing and prioritizing cancer research, development of new and affordable technologies, jointly design and fund clinical trials.
- It will also help to coordinate and collaborate for translational research, interventions, training of manpower and infrastructure development.
- It will enable clinicians and researchers to work in coherence to identify and develop collaborative research programmes and public health initiatives for awareness of the public at large.
- Under it, various activities like joint clinical fellowships, intensive workshops on clinical research methodologies and protocol development will be undertaken.
- It will seek to create community of trained manpower and provide platform to utilize their acquired skills in the best possible manner.