Indian Air Force will participate in Langkawi International Maritime Aero Expo (LIMA 2019) scheduled to be held in Langkawi, Malaysia from 26 to 30th 2019. This will be for first time, IAF is participating in LIMA expo and will showcase its indigenously developed LCA Tejas fighter aircraft.
- IAF contingent will be represented by two LCA, one C-130J and one IL-76 aircrafts along with 27 officers, 42 air-warriors and 11 HAL personnel.
- It will provide an opportunity to IAf to interact with their Royal Malaysian Air Force counterparts and foster close relationship between the two services.
- It will also serve as foundation for any future interaction with the Malaysian Air Force. It will also provide opportunity to RMAF to assess the capabilities of LCA.
Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA)
- It is largest maritime and aerospace exhibition of its kind within Asia Pacific region. It is supported by Malaysian Government and industry associations
- It was held for time in 1991 and since then held biennially (every two years) in Langkawi, Malaysia.
- It provides platform to industry stakeholders to engage and expand their networks towards forging new partnerships and business agreements
- Maritime exhibitions are held at Resort World Langkawi while aerospace exhibitions take place at the Langkawi International Airport.