India has clinched South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Women's Championship for the fifth time in a row. India defeated hosts Nepal by 3-1 goals in the final held at Biratnagar. This was India's 23rd straight victory in the championship since its inception in 2010. In this match, for India goals were score by Dalmia Chhibber (26th minute), Grace Dengmei (63rd minute) and Anju Tamang (76th minute). For Nepal single goal was score by Sabitra Bhandari at 33rd minute.
SAFF Women's Championship
- It also called the South Asian Football Federation Women's Cup. It was launched in 2010.
- It is the main association football competition of the women's national football teams governed by South Asian Football Federation (SAFF).
- Seven members currently compete in the tournament. It is held every two years.
- So farm India has won every edition of this tournament (2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019), beating Nepal four times ((2010, 2012, 2014, 2019) and Bangladesh once (2016) in the final.
South Asian Football Federation (SAFF)
- It is association/federation of football playing nations in South Asia. It is part of larger Asian Football Confederation.
- It was established in 1997 and is byproduct of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC), a regional organization of eighth South Asia countries.
- Its founding members are India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Bhutan had joined it 2000 and Afghanistan in 2005.
- In February 2015, Afghanistan officially had left SAFF. Now SAFF has total 7 participating nations India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka and Bhutan.