Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) has launched Operation Digital Board to leverage technology in order to boost quality education in the country. It aims at converting class room into digital class room and provide students with e-resources at any time and at any place.
Operation Digital Board
- Under it, 7 lakh classrooms from 9th onwards and 2 lakh classrooms of colleges and universities will be equipped with digital boards in the next three years.
- Digital boards will be mainly introduced in government and government aided schools as well as in higher education institutions all over the country.
- It will help to make learning as well as the teaching process interactive and popularise flipped learning as a pedagogical approach.
- It will also help in provisioning of personalised adaptive learning as well as intelligent tutoring by exploiting emerging technologies like machine learning, artificial intelligence and data analytics.
- Its implementation will begin from the coming session of 2019. It will be implemented in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) by University Grants Commission (UGC).
- It may be implemented as Central scheme as loan from Higher Education Financing Agency (HEFA). HEFA is joint venture of HRD Ministry and Canara Bank for financing creation of capital assets in premier educational institutions in India.