Defence PSU Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) launched Atmospheric Water Generator (AWG) that can generate water straight from humidity present in the atmosphere. It is innovative solution to meet ever-increasing need for drinking water worldwide.
Atmospheric Water Generator (AWG)
- It has been manufactured by BEL in collaboration with CSIR-IICT and MAITHRI, a start-up company based in Hyderabad.
- It employs novel technology to extract water from humidity present in atmosphere and purify it. It is configurable in static and mobile (vehicular) versions
- It uses heat exchange for condensing atmospheric moisture to produce pure, safe and clean potable water.
- It can be used to provide drinking water in community centres and public places like health care centres, schools, colleges, offices, bus stands, airports, railway stations, sea ports, off-shore oil rigs, remote field areas, military establishments and remote establishments and residential complexes.
- It comes with Mineralisation Unit, which is used to add essential minerals which are required to make the water potable.
Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
It is state-owned leading defence electronics company. It is one of nine PSUs under Ministry of Defence. It has been accorded Navratna status. It is headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka.