United Nations (UN) Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has appointed Indian official Chandramouli Ramanathan as Controller, Assistant Secretary-General for Programme Planning, Budget and Finance in Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance Department. It is one of top most strategic post in UN. He succeeds Bettina Tucci Bartsiotas of Uruguay.
- He has served as Acting Controller since September 2018, concurrently with his position as Assistant Secretary-General for Enterprise Resource Planning since 2016.
- Prior to this, he had served at UN as Deputy Controller, Director of Accounts Division, and Chief of Service in IT Services Division.
- He has nearly 40 years of executive international experience in UN in diverse organisational settings in finance and budget, management and information technology.
- He has played leading role in complex management change initiatives of UN, including implementation of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and UN Enterprise Resource Planning solution (Umoja).
- He also served as Assistant Auditor General, India (1993-1995) and Director of Accounts for Auditor General of India (1989-1993). He holds master's degree in economics and is cost accountant.