Union Ministry of Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation has launched PMAY (U) mobile application to bring beneficiaries directly in contact with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban).
PMAY (U) mobile app
- It will allow beneficiaries of PMAY (U) to capture and upload high-resolution photographs and videos of completed houses along with their families.
- It will also allow the beneficiaries to upload selfies with their house and 30 - 60 seconds video clip where they will share stories of owning a house under PMAY (U).
- These photos and videos of beneficiary testimonies will be scrutinized at state as well as at central level.
- Selected beneficiaries from states/UTs will also be awarded and invited as special guests for anniversary celebration of PMAY (U).
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban)
- It was launched in June 2015 with aim of addressing housing requirement of urban poor including slum dwellers in India by the year 2022.
- Objective: Construct two crore houses across nation by 2022. Houses will be constructed using new and emerging technologies.
- Coverage: It covers entire urban area consisting of 4041 statutory towns with initial focus on 500 Class I cities.
- Intended beneficiaries are Poor people (BPL) and People living under Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) and LIG (Low income Group) categories in urban establishments of country. It also targets people living under MIG (middle income Group).
- Components: (i) In-situ as well as ex-situ slum rehabilitation with participation of private developers, (ii) Affordable housing in partnership with private sector, (iii)Credit linked subsidy for affordable housing to poor and (iv) Subsidy for individuals for construction of house. Government will provide subsidy ranging between 1 lakh to 2.30 lakh to people from above beneficiary categories.