The 34th edition of AAHAR - the International Food and Hospitality fair was held at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi. AAHAR is one of Asia’s best known brands in Food & Hospitality shows. It is organized by India Trade Promotion Organization, premier trade promotion body under Ministry of Commerce.
- It featured wide range of food products, machinery, hospitality and decoration and confectionery items from over 560 participants from India and abroad.
- It saw participation of around 20 countries, including US, Russia, China, UK, Germany, Italy and Singapore etc.
- It will showcase new trends in food and beverage, hospitality, culinary technology, retail and new innovations.
- It will also offer insight into operational and food safety concerns and innovations to become energy-efficient, finding budget-friendly raw materials for boosting productivity while still aiming for greater profitability.
India Trade Promotion Organization
- It is the nodal agency of Union Government under aegis of Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry. It is headquartered at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- It is mini-Ratna Category-1 Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) with 100% shareholding of Central Government.
- Functions: It aims at promoting country's external trade. It provides wide spectrum of services to trade and industry and acts as catalyst for growth of India's trade.
- It approves holding of international trade fairs in India and regulates holding of various expositions in India.