India won first prize at prestigious international Golden City Gate Tourism Awards 2019 in the category of TV Cinema Spot. 5 films/television commercials produced by Ministry of Tourism as part of its Incredible India 2.0 Campaign have received awards. The awards were presented at ITB, Berlin, the world's largest tourism trade fair.
5 promotional films/television commercials are:
- Yogi of the Racetrack
- Reincarnation of Mr. and Mrs. Jones
- Sanctuary in Paris
- Maharani of Manhattan and
- The Masala Master Chef
Golden City Gate Tourism Multi-media Awards
- Golden City Gate is creative multi-media international competition for countries, cities, regions and hotels.
- Awards under it are given annually in various categories related to tourism and hospitality sectors. The annual award ceremony takes place at ITB Berlin.
- The entries for awards are judged by international jury comprising film and tourism experts.
Incredible India 2.0 Campaign
- It was launched by Ministry of Tourism in September 2017. It had specific promotional plans and content creation to market promotions across the world.
- Under it, different thematic creatives on different niche tourism products were produced and were being used to cater to diverse consumer interests.
- These include above television commercials on Yoga, Wildlife, Wellness, Luxury and Cuisine.
- The commercials were produced in English with voice overs in 9 international languages, viz. German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Arabic.