The 6th International Exhibition and Conference GRIDTECH-2019 on new technologies in Transmission, Distribution, Integration, Renewable, Smart Grid and Communication was held in New Delhi. It was inaugurated by Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu.
- It was organised by POWERGRID, with support of Union Ministry of Power and in association with Indian Electrical and Electronics Manufacturers Association (IEEMA) and Central Board of Irrigation & Power (CBIP).
- It provided common platform for exhibitors, power utilities, planners, policy makers, regulators, manufacturers, research institutions, academicians, consultants, visitors etc.
- It provided opportunity to participating companies to showcase their expertise in various domains of power sector and technology knowhow for their awareness and benefit of overall public sector.
- It is Navaratna Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) and central transmission utility (CTU) of India. It is headquartered in Gurugram, Haryana.
- It is largest electric power transmission utility in India. It transmits around 50% of total power generated in India on its transmission network.
- It operates 90% of inter-state and inter-regional networks. Government owns 56.91% of stake in it and balance 43.09% is owned by public.